COVID 19 UPDATE
7 City Church Reopening Update
As many of you are aware, on April 27, Texas Governor Greg Abbott shared a plan for reopening Texas. This plan includes churches, but also involves a series of detailed health protocols for churches to follow.
Our primary concern is for the safety of the 7 City Church family, guests, and our community. We take seriously these health protocols and the expertise of medical professionals.
After meeting with our staff and board, and after carefully considering the regulations, we feel it is best not to meet on campus at this time. For now, we have chosen to continue holding our Sunday services, kids ministry, and Community Groups online. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make adjustments to our plan to reopen as the situation evolves.
We miss everyone at 7 City Church, and we are looking forward to the day when we will gather again, but we are also committed to your safety. Until then, we encourage you to join us each Sunday at 9:45 or 11:15 am for our online services at https://7citychurch.online.church. And be sure to stay connected throughout the week with your online community group and our weekly updates for adults and kids on Facebook.
Finally, if you need anything, or if we can pray with you, please don’t hesitate to contact us. You can email us at , and our team will gladly connect with you and help anyway we can.
During this time, we’ve been able to help families at 7 City who have lost their jobs. We’ve also partnered with Convoy of Hope, Tarrant Area Food Bank, and the Fort Worth ISD to provide food to families in need. In addition, we’ve helped our ministry partners in Kenya, Africa provide support to widows and families during this difficult time.
Again, if you need help, please contact us. And if you would like to help others, you can give online at https://7citychurch.com/give. Thanks so much, and we are praying for you.
- Pastor Stephen and Karen
Five Ways 7 City Church is Responding to COVID-19
These have been difficult days as the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly impacted our city, country, and world. 7 City Church has quickly pivoted to serve our congregation and city. Below is a five-step plan we have implemented:
- 7 City Church Online –Each Sunday 7 City Church is conducting online services at 9:45 and 11:15 am. Each service includes worship, an encouraging message from God’s Word, and any new updates as we navigate this journey. You can access our online services each week at https://7citychurch.online.church
- Online Community Groups – 7 City’s small groups have been moved online using a web-based platform called Zoom. You can access zoom through your computer, tablet, or phone, and there’s no cost for attendees to access this technology. Your Community Group leaders will email a link to you to access your group’s online meeting. If you’re not currently in a Community Group, I want to encourage you to sign-up today at7city.info. Just click the “Community Groups” tab to see all of the available groups.
- Kids Church Online –Each Sunday mornings at 9:45 and 11:15, Pastor Ashley has an online kids service available on Youtube. Plus, parents can access the weekly kids theme, memory verse, and small group questions to discuss with your family. Simply visit 7 City’s Next Gen Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq8c-i7DPAPN4cItjeogsgQ.
- Practical Online Resources –Each week we will be bringing you a variety of online resources to encourage and strengthen you in your faith. On Mondays we’ll be offering “Live Prayer” via Facebook live. If you prefer to submit a prayer request online, you can do so at7city.info (then click the “Need Prayer” tab). On Wednesdays we’ll be sharing a brief online devotional. And on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Pastor Ashley will be sharing, “Story Time with Ashley,” a great resource that parents can use with their kids each night at bedtime (available on 7 City’s Next Gen Youtube channel).
- Compassionate Ministry –We want to minister to the needs of people at 7 City and in our community. Some steps we’ve taken to serve include:
- COVID-19 Relief Fund – We’ve set up a COVID-19 Relief Fund to help families in need. If you need help, please email us at . Also, if you’d like to give to the relief fund, you can do so at 7citychurch.com/give.
- FWISD – We have partnered with the Fort Worth ISD to provide groceries to families in need. As needs arise in our area, the FWISD will contact us.
- Medical Community – To express our deep gratitude to the medical community, we have provided snacks and goodies for local healthcare professionals.
- Convoy of Hope – 7 City is supporting the “10 Million Meal Initiative” by Convoy of Hope to provide meals for families in need across the United States.
I want to encourage you to stay connected with 7 City Church each week through each of the strategies above. Despite the hardships we face, our hope is in Christ. The apostle Paul encouraged us to be “anxious for nothing,” but instead, to pray about everything. And in John 14:27, Jesus told his followers, “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
Let me remind you that the church is not a building. The church is people, and even though we cannot gather at this time in a building, we are deeply committed to worship, connect, and serve in meaningful ways. Thanks for your commitment to 7 City, and thanks for helping us serve our city and world.
- Pastor Stephen & Karen